* To promote the mental wellness of persons with developmental disabilities and to foster the development of programs on their behalf.
* To encourage research related to developmental disabilities.
* To advise and aid parents in the solution of their problems and to coordinate their efforts and activities.
* To help the public attain a better understanding of the problems of the developmentally disabled.
* To cooperate with all public, private and religious agencies, and professional groups.
* To serve locally as a clearinghouse for gathering and giving out information regarding the developmentally disabled.
* To solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purposes.